Life with the Harleys
I bought Levi and Mya Peter Pan the movie and they don't move once it's on. This is the only time you will find them this close to each other. Thank goodness for TV!! I am not mother of the year by far as you will see from the next pictures.....
This is the tick that we went to the ER to have removed from Mason's arm today. Over the weekend I noticed a black dot on him and told Alvin I thought it was a tick. But we tried to get it out and decided it was a scab or something. Well when I took Mya to the doctor I asked them to look at his arm and sure enough it was a tick. By this point it had burrowed so far down into his skin they couldn't get it out at the office so we had to go to the ER. They gave him a shot to numb the area and then cut around it to pull the tick out. Mason was so good he just sat there staring at the doctor. They couldn't believe how well he behaved....takes after his momma what can I say!! They put some sort of glue on it to keep it together until it heals up. He has to be on an antibiotic for 2 weeks as a precaution and then I have to watch for any signs of anything "odd" going on.
Then we have Mya. This is what she started with on Sunday afternoon. She would break out into what they think are hives and run a high fever. She would get these spots all over her body and then as fast as they came they would dissappear. We had pulled a tick out of her the night Levi fell and broke his collar bone about 3 weeks ago. The doctors said she could be having a reaction to the tick bite or has some sort of a virus. She is on an antibiotic also since she is showing signs of a reaction. There is never a dull moment here at our house. I told Alvin we need to pack it up and move back to the city. Please pray neither Mya or Mason developed Lymes disease or anything else from the bites.

This is the tick that we went to the ER to have removed from Mason's arm today. Over the weekend I noticed a black dot on him and told Alvin I thought it was a tick. But we tried to get it out and decided it was a scab or something. Well when I took Mya to the doctor I asked them to look at his arm and sure enough it was a tick. By this point it had burrowed so far down into his skin they couldn't get it out at the office so we had to go to the ER. They gave him a shot to numb the area and then cut around it to pull the tick out. Mason was so good he just sat there staring at the doctor. They couldn't believe how well he behaved....takes after his momma what can I say!! They put some sort of glue on it to keep it together until it heals up. He has to be on an antibiotic for 2 weeks as a precaution and then I have to watch for any signs of anything "odd" going on.
Then we have Mya. This is what she started with on Sunday afternoon. She would break out into what they think are hives and run a high fever. She would get these spots all over her body and then as fast as they came they would dissappear. We had pulled a tick out of her the night Levi fell and broke his collar bone about 3 weeks ago. The doctors said she could be having a reaction to the tick bite or has some sort of a virus. She is on an antibiotic also since she is showing signs of a reaction. There is never a dull moment here at our house. I told Alvin we need to pack it up and move back to the city. Please pray neither Mya or Mason developed Lymes disease or anything else from the bites.

1 Comments:
OH MY WORD~~~~time to move out of the woods! Just kidding- I hope they fell better soon.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home