Saturday, October 06, 2007

Mason's bad week

Mason didn't have the best of weeks. He is 100% boy and very inquisitive. One day I had gone into the bathroom and was in there for maybe a minute because Lord knows I can't be alone for any longer than that. When I came out Mason had one of my Air Wick air freshners that you plus into the walls. He had taken it out of the socket, unscrewed it from the unit and was drinking the liquid. When I got it away from him he was blowing bubbles and then started to cry. I called poison control who thankfully told me that it was not poisonous just very irritating to the skin. They said to give him lots to drink and popsicles to sooth his tongue. The poor kid had the best smelling burps the rest of the day! We won't mention the diapers for the remainder of the day..... Then to end the week the family was having a nice evening outside enjoying the extremely warm weather for this time of year. Mason, as usual was clowning around climbing on everything. Alvin and I were sitting on the picnic table when Mason came to join us. It didn't take long before he had climbed up onto the bench and fell face first right into the corner of the table. So he officially has his first black eye, I have a feeling it will be the first of many. The picture doesn't do him justice. And to all of you who would like to pin me as a bad mommy, I would love for you to spend a day with my 3 children! Mason is definitely my little dare devil.


4 Comments:

At 4:06 PM , Blogger kristin said...

Nope I would say you deserve a BIG star...cause I have spent a day with our little man!!!

 
At 5:42 PM , Blogger spivey family said...

Ouch! looks like it hurt!

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger danacrumb said...

awwww you should not be so hard on yourself...:) you are a great mama in many many ways...kids move fast and things happen in a blink of a eye...dont ever doubt your self..:)

 
At 11:12 PM , Blogger Harleys said...

Congratulations on the black eye, Mason. Uncle Brian is so proud.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home