Crystal Cave
Today we decided to continue our "Family Fun Weekend". It was another extremely hot day so we tried to think of something "cool" to do. We came up with Crystal Cave, which is an underground cave in Kutztown PA. It was discovered in the 1800's by a farmer. It's near Amish country so there is lots to do around there. The kids were so excited that they were going in a cave. However, they soon lost their excitement and got nervous. Of course daddy was telling them there were bears and tigers in there. At first we were at the head of the group but the tour guide was quite taken with Mason and kept asking him questions. I told her he was only 18 months old but she didn't seem to get it. Then she proceeded to tell Mya and Levi about the bats in the cave. She said that they would carry any bad kids away and drop them in the holes of the cave. She did not win any points with us since the kids were already nervous. We made our way to the back of the group and stayed there.
It was so much cooler the farther we went I didn't want to come back out. I am not sure how far down we were but at one point I started to get a little nervous, my imagination runs wild. Mya is standing in front of wall full of crystals. They didn't show up in the pictures but it was really neat.


This didn't turn out either, but it's one of the holes in the cave. No wonder the kids were nervous, there were lots of places to lose a child. It was a lot of fun. Tonight at prayer time, Levi prayed that we could go back to the cave so he could find the bears. I guess he was disappointed we didn't see any.
We finished our night off with a good old dinner from Cracker Barrel. Yum~
It was so much cooler the farther we went I didn't want to come back out. I am not sure how far down we were but at one point I started to get a little nervous, my imagination runs wild. Mya is standing in front of wall full of crystals. They didn't show up in the pictures but it was really neat.

This didn't turn out either, but it's one of the holes in the cave. No wonder the kids were nervous, there were lots of places to lose a child. It was a lot of fun. Tonight at prayer time, Levi prayed that we could go back to the cave so he could find the bears. I guess he was disappointed we didn't see any.
We finished our night off with a good old dinner from Cracker Barrel. Yum~
2 Comments:
that looks like allot of fun, this summer we are taking the kids either to the aquarium in new jersy.....or the philly zoo....i think we are leaning towards the aquarium cause if it rains no big deal, and if it is hot not big deal...lol....
It sure sounds like you are all enjoying your family outings.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home